Weather happens and unfortunately, it can happen to your vehicle. When chipping away at ice on your vehicle you can crack your windshield, tree branches can fall during a sudden storm, or your vehicle may sustain hail damage during a hailstorm in the Plainfield, Indianapolis, Fishers, or Bloomington areas.
It’s unfortunate to watch your vehicle be damaged by Mother Nature, but rest assured that you can take certain measures to protect your vehicle. At Andy Mohr Collision Center, we can help you restore your vehicle’s former glory, so no one will ever have to know that it was even damaged in the first place.
Five Steps to Protecting Your Vehicle
Certainly, the obvious answer for how to protect your vehicle is to house it in a garage, but if you don’t have one, there has to be another alternative. You’ll have several different options for keeping your car safe from Mother Nature’s reach. These five simple tips will keep your vehicle under wraps as you ride out the storm.
- A Carport – If you have the space on your property, many different stores sell an easily erected carport for your vehicle’s protection. They offer cover from various weather conditions, thus protecting your car, not only from hail, but from excessive sunlight, rain, and more! They’re also quite a bit less expensive than covering the construction costs of adding a garage to your property and can be semi-permanently affixed.
- Car Cover – By purchasing a car cover from your local auto dealership parts department or an auto parts supply store, you’re taking strides toward protecting your vehicle from any inclement weather issues you may encounter. At the store you choose, ask for the dimensions of each cover in order to ensure you can properly cover your car.
- Use Blankets – In a pinch or if the storm comes without warning, you can use some items you have at home to protect your vehicle from harm. Start pulling blankets from your home and use them to essentially swaddle your car. Cover every surface of your vehicle for maximum protection, but if they get wet in the process, be sure to remove them quickly to prevent paint damage.
- Parking Garages – If the storm comes with extensive warning, utilize this heads-up to get to a local parking garage, preferably a shopping mall. Your car can ride out the storm under the cover of concrete, while you get some retail therapy. If your local mall doesn’t have a garage, get to any building that does, but be sure to bring a book or something to entertain yourself while riding out the storm.
- Move Off the Road – If you’re driving when a hail storm hits, move off the road at once. Find somewhere that offers cover, like a bridge or large building. Weather experts propose that you drive into the storm so that your windshield, the strongest piece of glass on your vehicle, sustains most of the hail.
Schedule Hail Repair Service Today
If you need our assistance in repairing damage caused by hail in the Indianapolis, Plainfield, Bloomington, or Fishers areas, we offer four convenient locations to serve you. We also offer easy and convenient online scheduling and a wide array of hours for working individuals. At Andy Mohr Collision Center, we can handle all your repair needs, from hail, or otherwise, at our body shop.