Did you know that even the smallest chip in the paint job of your car can allow rust to permeate the finish and cause damage? While the damage to a car’s paint job can range from the tiniest chip to further damage done by collisions, we can help our drivers in the Plainfield, Indianapolis, Bloomington, and Fishers areas.
At Andy Mohr Collision Center, we can help you with the tiny little imperfections in your paint job, as well as the more intense damage that may have been incurred during a car accident. We’ll ensure that during your auto repair, your paint job appears brand new when we’re finished with it.
How to Avoid Chips and Scratches
A lot of the time, scratches and chips are unavoidable. None of us set out to have a car door opened into ours or a grocery cart drift into it, but it happens sometimes. There are ways to avoid non-traumatic paint issues, however, so you can protect your finish.
- Driving Conditions – While you’re driving, some pebbles and stones are going to jump up and chip your paint. However, there are ways to avoid intense damage caused by repeated exposure. If you’re often driving on unpaved roads, take it easy and slow down.
- Proper Products – While the temptation is there to use dish soap to wash your car, this can damage the paint pretty easily. There are chemicals added to dish soap that are meant to cut grease and these are not good for automotive paints.
- Bird Droppings – Sure, parking under trees has its drawbacks—namely bird droppings—but they aren’t just a small irritant. Prolonged exposure without washing your car can have serious consequences to your paint, so if you can’t avoid it, keep up with the cleaning.
- Exposure to Elements – The more your car is allowed to vacillate between the sweltering heat and blistering cold of the elements, the more damage can be done to your paint job. Leave your car in the garage whenever you have the option or at least ensure it is shaded or somewhat protected during extreme temps.
Our collision center is so dedicated to help you handle any issues that you may notice with your paint job that we offer four different locations to serve you.
- Bloomington Collision Center
1441 South Liberty Drive
- Fisher Collision Center
9295 East 131st Street
- Plainfield Collision Center
2684 E Main Street
- Westside Collision Center
4302 Lafayette Road
Our Collision Center Services
At our collision center, we don’t only handle your paint job. We take care of so much more that can happen with your vehicle, including frame repair for serious damage done during an accident. In addition, we perform services for damage to your windshield, tire repair for nails and other projectiles, and brake repair.
However, one of our more popular services is called our paintless dent repair, which allows us to pull a small dent or ding from the surface of your vehicle without damaging the paint. This means we can fix a small blemish on your car without you having to pay for a complete paint job.
Schedule Your Paint Job Today
Before your paint damage becomes too bad or starts to rust, give us a call or schedule your repair online. Our drivers in the Plainfield, Indianapolis, Fishers, and Bloomington areas can trust us to help with any and every car need. At Andy Mohr Collision Center, we have four different locations to serve you, so don’t hesitate to schedule with us today.